On Thursday May 5th, Max turned 6! Wow where does the time go? He is really growing up. We had a really crazy week last week with lots of soccer games and Max's birthday party. But it was all fun of course! On Max's birthday he had a busy day in school. In the morning, they took the IRI testing. His teacher said they all did great. After that I took donuts in for his birthday snack. Later in the afternoon, we had moms and muffins day in Kindergarten. It was so fun to be there with him and see what he has been learning and making. He has such a great teacher and it's amazing how much he's learned this year. On Friday afternoon we had his birthday party at the Fun Zone. Max invited 4 friends and they played on the play land and ate pizza and cake and icecream and played arcade games. They were all sweating, I think they had a great time. Max has a nice little group of friends and they are all really good little guys. Hopefully that will continue.
Saturday we had more soccer games and Sunday Grandma and Grandpa Hislop, Angie, Adam and Nicole, and Joey and Jamie came up for dinner for Mother's Day. We had a nice dinner and I enjoyed having them here. It was fun to sit and chat. Clay left Sunday morning for Las Vegas. Him, Joel (from work), and his brother Brent went down to a gun course for the week.
Max just wanted money for his birthday (smart kid)
We also got him a strider bike so he can learn to balance, it doesn't have pedals
This was his little party. Will, Eli, Parker and Max
I attempted to make a snake cake :) Max thought it was cool! I guess that's all that matters.
Opening presents
This is Sophie's soccer team after the game Saturday (Trevor is missing)
Max has really liked soccer this season (that's him in the middle).
Sophie wanted pigtails for soccer one day. I thought she looked so cute, but of course she took them out as soon as I took this picture.